PRACTICES ARE ON! However, we know that the conditions can vary greatly from in Grand Haven out to Grand Haven and Robinson Townships. Due to blowing and drifting, the road crews kept to the main roads last night. Please use your best judgement and if parents deem it necessary for safety, please stay home.
Today’s Practices are
- ELG flying 11:00 – 1:00 in the LAKESHORE gymnasium
- Aerial Scramble White Pines students (6/7) : 12:30 to 1:30 pm at White Pines
- Aerial Scramble Lakeshore students (8/9): 1:30 to 2:30 pm at White Pines
- Mousetrap: all participants should attend 2:30 – 5:30, WP shop
- Ping Pong Parachute: 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm, White Pines gym
Shuttle buses between buildings will run after school with regular numbers and routes. Please note when the waiting room will be open and providing supervision. If the waiting room is not open, you should not be in the building. Please plan ahead and coordinate rides. Don’t forget we have “on demand” public transportation. The Harbor Transit is just 75 cents a ride but an adult needs to arrange the ride. The service area begins at our shoreline and extends to the west to 144th . The Northern boundary is Wilson and Southern is Fillmore .
MONDAY JANUARY 13 – no changes
TUESDAY JANUARY 14 – no changes to practices. MARCOS PIZZA NIGHT!!!! Mention Grand Haven Middle School Science Olympiad when ordering. IF you order on line, the donate a higher percentage. visit
WEDNESDAY JANUARY 15 – changes
- Water quality cancelled
- Disease detective cancelled
- Fossils : after school (10:45 LS/11:45 WP) – 2:45 pm. This is an “open lab”. Fossils and study material will be there for you to hone your ID skills and work on your binder. You are not required to stay the entire time.
- NO WAITING ROOM – students should plan to leave when fossils is over at 2:45. Please arrange rides now. There is also the Harbor Transit, our on demand public transportation, just 75 cents a ride but an adult needs to arrange the ride. The service area is from the shoreline and extends to the west to 144th . The Northern boundary is Wilson and Southern is Fillmore .
THURSDAY JANUARY 16
- Heredity – cancelled
- Anatomy and Physiology – the plan is to meet after school but is still in the planning stages. Please check your anatomy and physiology classroom for details – or back here and this will be edited as decision are made and shared
- Experimental Design normal time 4:30 – 5:30
- Circuit Lab: normal time 5:30 – 6:30
- WAITING ROOM opens at 4:30. You should make plans to be OUT OF THE BUILDING until 4:30 unless you are in Anatomy and Physiology. After Anatomy and Physiology you should be out of the building until 4:30.
FRIDAY JANUARY 17
- ELG begins after school 11:30 to 1:30.
- CRIME 12:30 – 2:30
- Dynamic Planet 2:30 – 3:30
- Waiting room is open from 11:30 – 3:30 at 3:30 students need to leave the building. Please arrange for rides now – remember there is the Harbor Transit. See link above for more details.
SATURDAY JANUARY 18
- Boomilever – normal
- Mission- all participants should report for the full time 3:30 – 6:30 pm
SUNDAY JANUARY 19
- Aerial Scramble White Pines (6/7) : 12:30 to 1:30 pm
- Aerial Scramble Lakeshore (8/9): 1:30 to 2:30 pm
- Mousetrap: all participants should attend 2:30 – 5:30
- Ping Pong Parachute: 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
There is no scheduled flying time for today, Sun. Jan 12th. We will begin holding voluntary flight time next Sunday, Jan 19th from 11:00 – 2:00pm.
Sorry for any confusion.
GHAPS has cancelled all activities for Saturday January 11 – that includes science olympiad practices. As of now Sunday practices are a go. If you are in Aerial Scramble Mr. V has emailed you – please read your email.
For the weekend of Jan 11/12
Mission Possible – Saturday
6th/7th graders will attend 3:30 – 5:00 pm
8th/9th graders 5:00 – 6:30 pm
Mouse trap – Sunday
6th/7th graders attend from 2:30 – 4:00 pm
8th/9th graders attends 4 – 5:30
Beginning Jan 18/19 mission and mousetrap will run the full practice time for all students involved in those events.
Mission Saturdays 3:30 – 6:30 for all missions students
Mousetrap Sundays 2:30 – 5:30 for all mousetrap students
Ping pong parachutes will start this Sunday January 12. @ 6PM till 7:30PM at the White Pines Shop.
To all competitors:
You must have a copy of the rules and know them by our first meeting. If you don’t then don’t come. Time is precious.
After reading the rules try to make a parachute at home and bring it with you.
On Sunday we will work on the theories behind release and deployment mechanisms.
Mom’s and Dads feel free to help out.
Make sure to look at the updated practice schedule for updates to the Density Lab times. Also note that Game On no longer has a regular practice time. More information is given on the Game On Google Classroom page.
We hope you are enjoying your break from school. After school practices will begin again on Monday and weekend Tech practices will resume on January 11.
No practices Friday 12/20/2019 through Sunday 1/5/2020.
We wish you a safe and happy winter break. Practices will resume on Monday Jan 6.
For this weekend only: Mission and Mousetrap will only be one hour.